India State of Forest Report 2019 has been prepared by Forest Survey of India (FSI). It is a biannual report. The report is prepared after mapping of forests and trees through satellite. Key highlights of the report are as follows:
- the forest area has increased by 3976 kilometers and the area of trees by 1212 square kilometers in two years.
- the three states where forest area has grown the most include Karnataka (1025 km), Andhra Pradesh (990 km) and Kerala (823 km).
- It has also mentioned in the report that the forest area of the northeastern states has decreased except Assam.
- A marginal increase in forest cover was recorded in Himachal, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, and Bihar.
- The report shows that the forest area has also increased in the infertile regions of Rajasthan.
- Jammu and Kashmir grew 371 sq. km of forest cover while Himachal Pradesh grew 334-sq. km of forest area.
- The report highlights that all hill districts of India has 2,84,006 sq. km of forest area which is 40.30% of the total geographical area of all hill districts of the country.
- The mangrove cover increased by 54sqKm, with Gujarat and Maharashtra registering the largest improvements.
UPPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for UPPCS Prelims and UPPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by UPPCS Notes are as follows:-
- UPPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- UPPCS Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- UPPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- UPPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes